Monday, July 8, 2013

44 by Jools Sinclair: Book Review



Amazon Description:

Last year after falling through the ice, seventeen-year-old Abby Craig woke up from death.

But she woke into a world she barely recognizes. She can't see colors, memories have been erased, and her friends all hate her. And then there's Jesse, who she loves, but who refuses to forgive her the one mistake she made long ago.

Just when she thinks it can't get any worse, the visions begin. In them, she sees a faceless serial killer roaming the streets. While the police believe that there have been a lot of accidents in town lately, Abby knows differently. And she soon realizes that it's up to her to find him.

But to stop him, she'll have to confront more than just the killer. She'll have to face something else that was lost in those dark waters. The truth.


My Review:

I quite enjoyed 44. The characters and plot are well developed and intriguing. I was pleasantly surprised at how fast-paced this mysterious and ominous book was to read.

The plot focuses around the faceless killer in Abby Craig's night-time visions and her close relationship with her best friend Jesse. While I found the killer storyline interesting, in my opinion, it was much too obvious who the murderer was.  There were one or two twists and turns that allowed me to look beyond the fact that I knew who the killer was before getting halfway through the book.

There are currently 7 books in the 44 series the author is working on book 8 and seems to be releasing them fairly quickly. All of the books are around 200 pages. I would like to finish the series that I'm assuming (based on the name) will be 44 books, but I will wait until all of the books are released because these are quick-reads and I think I would be impatient waiting for the next installment.

Overall, I thought 44 was an excellent start to the series and I rate it 4 stars. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a paranormal series with a lot of action. This first book is free so definitely give it a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment