Sunday, November 18, 2012

Breaking Dawn Part 2 Review (No Spoilers)

So, Alli and I went to see Breaking Dawn Part 2. I really liked it and now that I am home thinking about it, I like it even more and can't wait to see it again.  There is a part that they changed at the end. While I was watching it, I couldn't appreciate it.  I just kept thinking about how much they changed it and how were they going to turn it around to make it end like the book. I was really really mad about the change. Everyone in the theater was shocked and there were gasps and as soon as that part was over everyone went, "Oooohhhhhh" and I think there was a collective sigh of relief.

I thought the acting was a huge improvement from the last few movies. There was also a lot of humor in the movie that I wasn't expecting. One thing I wished was that there was more of Renesme and her "gift." There was only one part that showed what she is actually doing, the rest of the times she did it, it was just inferred that you should understand what's going on.

I also think there should have been a better description of what Bella can do. Alli didn't really understand it until I explained how it was in the book.

As far as the part at the end that was changed. As the books were from Bella's perspective (and some from Jake in BD) that part wouldn't be in the book anyway. That is how I am accepting the change, and I actually quite like it now.  At the time I couldn't accept what was happening because it was so far departed from the book.

Overall, I would rate the movie 5/5 stars. It's the best one they've done yet.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for no spoilers. I am going to watch it this Friday because my mom wanted to watch it on her birthday together as a family xP So physched.

    ReplyDelete